Works: Hips, abs, glutes/piriformis, core
- Lie down on your side on a mat with knees bent.
- Make sure your ankles are aligned with your butt and your body is in a straight line; abs tucked in.
- Gently tuck your lower pelvis by contracting your lower abs so your butt feels like it is being pushed into the floor; hold for 2-3 seconds; repeat 10-15 times.
- Then progress the contraction up into your rib cage, tucking your pelvis up into your rib cage by pressing your lower and mid-back into the floor; hold for 2-3 sec, repeat 10-15 times.
- Then do a full ab tuck by starting contraction at the pelvis, pulling up into rib cage and then slightly lift and squeeze butt; hold 2-3 sec; repeat 10-15 times.
For added glute benefit you can then do the full series and finish with a bridge, being sure to really lift and squeeze your butt as high as you can go. Hold for 2-3 seconds; repeat 10-15 times
Make it harder: hold each position for up to 5 seconds before repeating